Monday

Ugly Christmas Sweaters Gone Geeky

Holiday cheer is the right of all sentient beings.

Well, here we go. The holiday season is upon us yet again. I'm more of a Halloween kind of guy, but there are at least a few elements of Christmas I can still appreciate. At the very top of the list are the festive yet disturbingly ugly sweaters adorned with tacky graphics, glitter, and bells. I'm not especially keen on wearing any, but I admire their alluring mixture of goofiness and gaudiness. It's all about the alliteration, baby.

Despite admiring these eyesores from afar, I find myself feeling more swayed than ever to actually join in on the fun. This year, the wonderful world of pop culture t-shirt stores have tapped into the realm of ugly Christmas sweaters in glorious fashion. Here are a few that have caught my eye thus far:

Guardians of the Galaxy "Holiday Mix Vol. 1"

Twin Peaks "Damn Fine Sweater"

Masters of the Universe Skeletor "I Am Not Nice..."

Die Hard "McClane Winter Sweater"

Super Mario Bros. "Super Christmas Bros."

ThunderCats "Ho! Ho! Ho!"

Star Wars "That Snow Moon"

Mega Man "Christmas Man"

Transformers "Autobots, Roll Out!"

The Legend of Zelda "Legend of Christmas"

Some of them fall under the "faux sweater" category, but the designs are plenty fun. Seeing Autobots preparing Christmas cookies is pretty freaking glorious. If for some reason I'm required to stuff myself into something grossly festive this holiday season, you can bet it's going to be plastered up and down with the likes of cartoon or video game characters.

You can find future Castle Geek-Skull updates on Twitter & Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment