Tuesday

Transformers Animated Mainframe


Derrick Wyatt, lead designer for the Transformers Animated cartoon revealed the full, colored design of Mainframe yesterday. This is a reference to the G1 action master, naturally...and it's totally amazing. These little fan nods are one of the primary reasons that Animated is so wonderful. It's a real shame the last nails in the show's coffin are ready to be driven in.

The thought of no toy (a new mold, of course) for this guy...SIGH. Sadness overcomes me.

3 comments:

  1. That actually makes me wonder though...If he had gotten a toy, what would he have transformed into? Cause I don't see Hasbro putting out an action master in a modern TF line.

    Though who knows, maybe he'll actually transform in the show, and I'll have my question answered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe he was meant as a former computer Transformer, of some kind.

    I have no idea if they made such an alt mode whether or not it'd be marketable, but still, it's such a great design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. he looks cool, but hey maybe held get a figure after all, i mean there aperently making a ironhide (?) yea, maybe in rotf packagng? or after les filmz?

    ReplyDelete