Monday

Transformers: The Movie's "Dare" is a Great Fit For Asura's Wrath

asura's wrath gameplay
This is his happy face.

In a recent edition of "Boss Rage," Youtube gamer Maximilian took on the DLC Evil Ryu and Oni battle from Asura's Wrath. As the fight with Oni drew to a close, he threw Stan Bush and Vince DiCola's "Dare" from the Transformers: The Movie soundtrack over the action. Despite its synth-fueled 1980's cheesiness, the song actually manages to fit the game quite well:

No "start at..." codes are working, so skip to 8:50 for the song.

I'm sure that the super hyped up commentary from Maximilian (which was pretty much turned up to 11 here) has a lot to do with how well it works. This is a song I've heard countless times over the course of my life and I suppose its relation to the old Transformers movie is hard coded into my brain. I never would've expected it to fit a super stylized over-the-top modern action game like Asura's Wrath, and I'm oh so happy that it does.

And I don't care what anyone says, that bridge will always be crazy awesome.

Y'know what, internet? I believe I can survive. Until next time, hit me up on Twitter and Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment