Monday

Living In The Moment: Let The GIF Go

o_______o

In the midst of my most recent late-night rummage through the internets, I stumbled across the following animated GIF on Imgur:

This reverse Jaws scenario plays out in a wonderfully absurd fashion that appealed to my sleep-deprived sense of humor perfectly. Of course, I immediately slid the cursor over to the image to hit "save as." A sudden moment of clarity fell upon me before finishing the act however. I thought back to the thousands upon thousands of other lulztastic animated GIFs I've downloaded over the years. I must have gigabytes on top of gigabytes of them at this point. And for what?

Maybe they'll be good for a laugh during a future bout of frustrating internet-outage, but thus far it's very rare that I ever actually revisit them. Now I'm thinking that perhaps that's for the best. Going back to old GIFs would probably just bring forth a series of boring when/where questions rather than recreating the magical moments that inspired me to keep them in the first place. That's a sadness I just don't need in my life, man.

Realizing that I already had a wealth of similarly ridiculous images sitting around untouched, I decided that this time I'd just live in the moment. I had a great after hours laugh with this furious bout of man on shark goodness, and that's more than enough. Against every lulz-hoarding instinct in my body, I let the GIF go.

Farewell, my friend. You served me well.

PS: If you're wondering where the hell this is from, it's a freaking Danish cell provider commercial. Behold!

Know what I like? I like to bust moves. For more Castle Geek-Skull insanity, follow along on Twitter & Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment