Thursday

New Transformers Toy Images

There's a smattering of Transformers Revenge of the Fallen scouts on eBay today, as well as Animated "Freeway" Jazz. I figured I'd sound off on 'em for the sheer unbridled hell of it.

First of all, Freeway Jazz, a seemingly live-action movie inspired redeco of Animated Jazz, is looking pretty sharp:




I can't say I cared about him at first. He and a few of the other upcoming repaints for Animated made me scoff a bit, thinking they could've put the money towards a new mold or even something as simple as a new head for Fugitive Waspinator, but all the same, this redeco does look fairly nice. I might pick it up!

Revenge of the Fallen's scout-class Breakdown, a pseudo-Classics toy inspired largely by the character's G1 counterpart, is promising as well:






The proportions of the body aren't thrilling me. He's a bit spindly in places and I would have preferred closed fists and fuller feet - but ah, the head! It's an actual classic Transformer head, not some fucking melted alien bug! Can you imagine that?

Here's the G1 version:


The new one will fit just fine with the Classics/Universe Decepticons, I think.

And for your WTF pleasure:




Oh yeah. A pre-yellowed Transformer. Not too appealing, is it? I suppose it's interesting though.

Then there was another repaint, far more successful mind you, but I just don't care about the mold:




So...yay? Breakdown, I will buy. Jazz, I will very possibly buy. The other two, no thanks!

Feel free to gab back at me in the comments, and you can also discuss these toys here at TFW2005!

Now let's hope we get some actual decent shots of ROTF Bludgeon(another Pseudo-Classics toy) soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment