Friday

Transformers Kre-O Optimus Prime Mini-Review


I'll keep this short and sweet. Perusing Wal-Mart, I finally stumbled across some of the new Transformers Kre-O toys. You know, they're pretty much Transformer legos. They're like the old Built-To-Rule line...without the suck. I picked up the cheap $7 Kre-O Optimus Prime out of pure boredom. It's something to do, right? So, how did it turn out?

Construction was fun and the finished modes look ok. The robot has fairly derp legs and hands, but for the price, I don't feel I can complain. The size was more impressive than I assumed it would be, not too dissimilar from a regular Transformer in large deluxe or small voyager size. I'd say Kre-O Optimus is pretty fun overall. The only bummer is that the cheapest assortment does not include Kreons, the cool ass little Lego minifigures of G1 characters. Shame, but fair enough.

I doubt I'll be diving into the more expensive sets with any haste, but I'm sure the praise they're getting is warranted. The other cheaper sets like Mirage might sway me, but I feel I have to pass on anything higher than 20 or 25 bucks. As usual - whether or not you'll be interested probably just depends on whether or not you're into this sort of thing. If you dig Legos and are a Transformers fan or collector open to things that deviate from the norm...you'll probably enjoy Kre-O Transformers a good bit.

If you haven't seen them in stores yet, Amazon has some of the sets for their appropriate retail prices, and eligible for free shipping:
 

No comments:

Post a Comment