Thursday

Transformers Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee Color Preview

Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece designer Shogo Hasui has just shared a lovely image of the upcoming Masterpiece MP-21 Bumblebee via the Twitters. This is the clearest view we have to date:

I think this looks super, super gorgeous, and the face has the exact mood I'd want. Generation 1 Bumblebee was a happy guy, but not so much that he was a total buffoon about it. I think the sculpt here captures the "good dude, but can get shit done" vibe spot on.

As nice as it was to see the mold in such detail all of a sudden, I couldn't resist the urge to slap some color on it in Photoshop:

I kept it fairly simple here just to play it safe. I'm sure there will be at least a bit more color on the final version. Still, I think this gets us in the ballpark of what it might look like when finalized. I have to say, I'm very much down with it.

At present time, MP-21 Masterpiece Bumblebee is slated for a release in the second quarter of 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment