Tuesday

Weekly Want Apr 21-28 with Masterpiece Ultra Magnus & More!

Ultra Magnus Masterpiece Transformers
Shut up and take my money!

It is time once more for the "Weekly Want" action figure and collectible promo shot compilation! In the April 14-21 Weekly Want I covered everything from Arkham City statues to an awesome Hot Toys Spider-Man. Of course, there were plenty of "want" inducing goodies shown off this week as well, so let's check 'em out:

Marvel Minimates Best of
Best of Marvel Minimates Series 3

This is Diamond Select's "Best of Marvel Minimates" Series 3 assortment, featuring great figures like Grey Hulk, Extremis Iron Man, and Modern Spider-Man. The whole set is only $30 at Entertainment Earth and is set for an October 2014 release. If you've been holding off on collecting the Marvel Minimates up until now, this is a great way to start.

Lost Planet action figures
Toy Notch's Lost Planet action figure assortment

In September of 2014, Toy Notch is releasing an onslaught of 4 inch Lost Planet figures that has the G.I. Joe fan in me just about ready to swoon. The figures (such as the Lost Planet 2 Mercenary) span the entire game franchise. Their $20 price tag is a little high, but it looks like they'll be fun to collect, especially considering the inclusion of vehicles like a fully transforming GTF-13M Evax.

arrested development blue myself
"I'm afraid I just blue myself."

Arrested Development is one of my favorite comedy series ever, and the various antics of Tobias Fünke certainly played a large part in that. While there are several Pop! Vinyl Arrested Development figures on the way from Funko this September, the blue variant of Tobias is definitely the one I want the most. As a chase figure, it will take a bit of hunting to actually obtain him, but I'm more than up to the challenge. Insert your own "buy-curious" joke here.

Solid Snake Revol Mini
Revoltech Mini Solid Snake

In July, Kaiyodo is kicking off a new 4-inch Revoltech series called "Revol Mini." The first figure in the series is Solid Snake from Metal Gear Solid. Despite the small size, there are 15 points of articulation (including moving eyes,) a ton of accessories, and some great dynamic sculpt work on display. Play-Asia's "Revol Mini RM-001 Solid Snake" Pre-Order listing will set you back $37, but it looks like it just might be worth it.

Final Fantasy Bahamut Play Arts Kai
Mega Flare!

This immaculately sculpted beauty is the Play Arts Kai Bahamut Variant, an ornate alternate take on the highly popular Final Fantasy summon monster. It's a large, premium toy with a premium price tag ($250!) and it has pushed my want-o-meter into the red. I almost typed "Egad!" to wrap this up, and that alone would have been geekier than anything I've ever written in the entire history of the site.

MP22 Ultra Magnus
I'm sure you're expecting the "I can't deal with that now!" quote, right? Oh, you.

Despite many fans dismissing the character as a joke given his initially incompetent run as leader in Transformers: The Movie, I've always kinda dug Ultra Magnus. At the very least, he's a damn pretty robot. His design was one of the final uses of the old Diaclone toys in the original series, and the upcoming Masterpiece toy looks to capture its original animation model beautifully.

The initial price will be $190 based on the TFSource listing (which has a full gallery you should really check out.) That feels quite fair indeed when compared to some of the other stuff I've shown off this week! I'm not actively collecting Transformers at the moment, but you can bet if I ever start back up that MP Ultra Magnus (to be released late in 2014) will be one of the first I track down.

That does it for this week. If I missed anything else that deserves to be shown from April 21st through 28th, let me know about it in the comment section!

Want to get freaky with Castle Geek-Skull on the socials? Follow on Twitter @castlegeekskull & give a "like" on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment