Wednesday

5 Fun & Geeky Videos Worth Revisiting

TMNT coming out of their shells tour
The Ninja Turtles in the midst of another raucous hardcore anthem.

While the Internet is always moving forward with new memes and viral sensations, going back through old bookmarks to revisit the lulz of days long past can be a great cure for boredom. I especially appreciate anything that features a goofy spin on some of my favorite cartoon, video game, and comic book characters. Ever the generous type, I've decided to share some of my favorites! Here are 5 fun & geeky videos worth revisiting:

Teenage Mutant Hardcore Turtles

Wow. Something good came out of that crazy Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Coming Out of Their Shells tour after all! There are tons of other videos in this vein, but the extra effort made to sync the footage to Throwdown's "Never Back Down" really puts this over the top. When I first saw the dramatic drum hit that precedes the song's breakdown, I absolutely lost it. Whenever I revisit this, I can't help myself from grinning like an idiot.

God of War Style PB&J

I've only played one God of War game, but this seems pretty spot on! I'll always have a soft spot for comedy that over-dramatizes the mundane.

Tokyo Dance Trooper in Shibuya

What can I say? Stormtroopers just wanna have fun.

Masters of the Universe characters sing "What's Up" by 4 Non Blondes

Ok, it has over 40 million hits so it's not like I'm uncovering a rare gem, but the "HEYYEYAAEYAAAEYAEYAA" video wherein He-Man and other Master of the Universe characters sing a ridiculous version of 4 Non Blondes' "What's Up?" can cheer me up on even the crappiest of days. It's pretty much magical.

You're going to be singing this Jetman song all day now.

Sometimes you get up in the morning and ask yourself "Should I work out along to that Jetman instructional exercise video today?" The answer should always be a resounding yes!

In the interest of future procrastination, I'd love for you to share some of your favorites as well! Feel free to use the comment section below! Be sure to use ample exclamation marks!

That's it! If you'd like, help support the site by following on Twitter @castlegeekskull or "liking" on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment