Tuesday

I Say Pac-Man Absolutely Belongs In Smash Bros. (E3 2014)

How can you hate this smile?

I don't think there's any denying that Pac-Man is one of gaming's biggest icons. In the pantheon of video game mascots, he's right up there. And yet, after E3 2014's Nintendo developer roundtable brought us the news that Pac-Man is joining the cast of the upcoming Wii U and 3DS Super Smash Bros., there was plenty of hate amongst the vast sea of responses. Examples include "This is so dumb. I'm officially upset" and "Ugh, Nintendo is taking the easy way out with these characters." Shrug.

Three incredibly iconic bros just kickin' it. No big deal.

Look. I know people clamor more for Nintendo owned characters with Smash Bros. I also get that everyone has their own particular wishlist, and Pac-Man might not have been on very many of them. Still, if Mega Man and Sonic belong, I say Pac-Man does too! Personally, I think seeing the cute little guy interacting with all of these other characters is awesome. This screen shot alone is a big ol' retro gaming wet dream:

Disco Dance-Off at Wily's Castle

I absolutely get that nothing is for everyone, and if Pac-Man's inclusion in Super Smash Bros. means your particular dream character is left out then that's a shame. He's still incredibly important however, and I choose to look at his slot on the roster as another example of Smash Bros. simply expanding even further. In my mind, that's only a good thing.

To wrap up, let's take a look at the new Pac-Man gameplay trailer:

That's about it for this one. For more, be sure to follow on Twitter @castlegeekskull & like on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment