Wednesday

My Worries about the Batmobile in Arkham Knight are Gone (E3 2014)

My, what a friendly looking vehicle.

As far back as Arkham Asylum, one of the biggest fan requests has been a drivable Batmobile. I can certainly understand the desire; the Batmobile is one of the most iconic fictional vehicles out there. However, I never really missed it. Batman is plenty mobile on his own, and if I'm being honest, I actually felt a bit hesitant when I heard it would finally be included in the upcoming Arkham Knight.

While I trust that Rocksteady knows what they're doing with Batman after Asylum and City, I suppose I worried about this being a case of something being shoehorned in just because they felt they had to. After seeing the new Batmobile gameplay trailer from E3 2014 however, it looks like the famous vehicle has been incorporated quite nicely:

Being able to quickly jump in, take care of business, and jump out so seamlessly looks like great fun. If most of the Batmobile oriented sections of Arkham Knight are along those lines then I think it'll work quite well.

The use of weaponry has already confused some fans however. Batman is famously against killing, but I'm sure we'll come to find out those were unmanned vehicles he was firing upon. If the game does lead us down a path where we end up shooting at actual thugs however, well, there's always this to fall back on:

Of course, blowing stuff up with giant turrets isn't the first thing that comes to mind when I think about Batman. It doesn't seem as if the Batmobile Battle Mode is going to be an overbearing part of the game however. If it's merely peppered in here and there as seen in the trailer above, I'm sure the right balance and appropriate tone for the character will be fully in check. After seeing this and the beautiful sight of Batman merely gliding around Gotham, I'm feeling more excited for Arkham Knight than ever.

Boom. Done. If you want to catch whenever my future ramblings hit the web, follow on Twitter @castlegeekskull or "like" on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment