Tuesday

The Music Of Final Fantasy Has Always Been Wonderful

"Final"

Like many, one of my favorite elements of the Final Fantasy franchise has always been its music. I'm enamored with the soundtrack to FFVI in particular. That was the first game soundtrack I truly fell in love with, and as such, it's the one I revisit most often.

When I see others talking about FF music, it's often from VI or beyond. It seems the earlier titles are sometimes pushed aside. I'm not sure what inspired it, but I recently listened to music from the original game for the first time in quite a while. I must say, it made for a lovely journey through nostalgia. I was struck by how well a lot of the tracks have held up. Just check out the Chaos Temple's score:

If the 8-bit sound doesn't suit your taste, here's a modernized take from the PSP remake:

Your taste will vary of course, but I think this is absolutely beautiful. It's a shame that the earlier Final Fantasy soundtracks (and their corresponding games) tend to get less attention as time marches on. While the series may have truly hit its stride in the SNES era and beyond, I'm glad to have been reminded that FF music has always been great.

Good feels. Until next time, feel free to follow and like Castle Geek-Skull on the Twitters and the Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment