Wednesday

NECA's NES Batman Is Something I Never Expected To See

This is my favorite dance move.

NECA recently announced that they will be releasing a 7 inch NES Batman figure, complete with the odd blue and purple color scheme the character sported in Sunsoft's Batman: The Video Game. This honestly caught me by surprise. There are tons of new Batman action figures every single year, and I could have sworn that all of the possible variations were already accounted for.

I'm impressed that NECA managed to find a version of Batman that had previously fallen through the cracks. My most recent experience with Batman: The Video Game was watching the Game Grumps' playthrough, and I didn't think about the possibility of seeing that wacky color palette in plastic form a single time. Even if it feels less "essential" than the likes of Greg Capullo's Zero Year Batman or the Batman: Arkham Knight costume, I'm glad that NECA saw the potential.

Anybody else suddenly craving Wild! Berry Pop-Tarts?

I love that the packaging mimics the box that originally housed the game. NECA has done this a few times now, starting with special NES versions of Robocop, Freddy Krueger, Predator, and Jason Voorhees. The novelty isn't as fresh after so many releases, but it's still a great idea. I'm totally down with seeing it applied to the Purple Crusader.

If you'd like a Batman: The Video Game figure of your own, Entertainment Earth is currently taking pre-orders. The $19.99 price tag feels more than fair when compared to similar collector targeted toys. So far, the figure is set for a November 2014 release.

Wanna know a secret? I like stuff. Come see me talk all about it on Twitter & Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment