Thursday

Shovel Knight's Butt Mode Adds a Cheeky New Bit of Fun!

shovel knight butt mode cheat
Yep. I'm totally naming my next band "A Terrible Butt."

The Steam Community Discussion forums have been abuzz with a myriad of cheat codes for Shovel Knight, Yacht Club Games' popular new indie platformer. Of the 300 plus codes, the most attention grabbing is undoubtedly "Butt Mode." When activated, select parts of the game's text are replaced with the word "butt." The resulting giggles can be heard far and wide.

"Butt" is one of those magic words that can instantly appeal to the 10 year old in all of us. The comedic possibilities are bottomless. (Groan all you want. I know my pun fu is strong.) A cheat that bestows Shovel Knight with ample uses of "butt" is silliness for silliness' sake, and you know what? I love it. It's clear that Yacht Club Games values the importance of fun in gaming, and that is definitely something I can get behind.

Heh. "Behind."

For a small glimpse of Shovel Knight's Butt Mode in action, I tossed a capture of the altered intro onto Youtube:

If you'd like to try out Butt Mode yourself, just start a new game and enter WSWWAEAW (or X&BUTT) in the name registry. However, please note that you can't fulfill any of the game's feats while a cheat code is active. If you're interested in exploring further, a Google Doc with the full list of Shovel Knight cheats can be found here. Be sure to let me know what you have the most fun with in the comments below!

For more butt on butt action, it's pretty much all butts all the time on my Twitter and Facebook profiles. Check 'em out! Keep on buttin'

No comments:

Post a Comment