Wednesday

Weekly Want June 25 - July 2, feat. Doctor Doom, Aliens, & More!

Doom will take as much of your money as he pleases!

Oh hey, it's Wednesday. That means it's time for another edition of the Weekly Want! Last week's installment focused entirely upon Transformer toys, so I'll be covering a bit more ground this time around. (Ooh, peep that sexy rhyme~) Batten down the hatches; here are the action figure and collectible promo shots that struck my fancy between June 25th and July 2nd, 2014:

aliens queen

Oh, my! This lovely lady is NECA's Aliens Xenomorph Queen "Ultra Deluxe" figure. True to its fancy pants designation, this is a 15 inch tall, 30 inch long monstrosity that will absolutely tower over the rest of your NECA Aliens collection. The hefty $90 price tag might seem like a lot to take in, but with an impressive scale, plentiful articulation, and killer sculpt work, it looks to be more than worth it! You can have the figure in-hand this November.

OK, this is just too wacky not to want. Yes, you're seeing correctly; this is indeed a She-Ra Sword of Protection Letter Opener! The $20 oddity is a SDCC 2014 exclusive, but this Amazon listing indicates that a more widely available version is also coming our way.

The Luigi Nendoroid is easily one of the most adorable figures I've ever seen. I've already dedicated an entire post to him, but I love him enough to showcase him all over again! Play-Asia currently has Luigi in stock for $49.99.

I'm a sucker for both the Venture Bros. and collectible barware, so these Venture Bros. shot glasses are right up my alley! The $26.99 set is the latest in a long line of Bif Bang Pow! produced VB collectibles. While SDCC 2014 attendees can look forward to grabbing these at the company's booth, the rest of us can fall back on the fine folks at Entertainment Earth.

Just when I thought I'd had enough of these things, boom, Funko hits me in the face with a Dragon Ball Z assortment. Goku, Vegeta, Cell, and Frieza are all part of the initial wave (coming this September), but the star of the show is undoubtedly the Piccolo Pop! Vinyl figure. I admit this is likely character bias at work, but I'd love having this guy on display!

ralph mcquarrie boba fett black series

The official Star Wars site recently announced a white redeco of the 6-inch Star Wars Black Series Boba Fett. For the uninitiated, this is an homage to the character's original Ralph McQuarrie concept art. Interestingly, the toy is set to be a Walgreens exclusive. It should be hitting shelves this fall.

Doctor Doom has always been one of my favorite Marvel villains, so I'm immediately interested whenever I see related merchandise. I've even looked longingly at Hasbro's goofy Super Hero Mashers Doom, OK? I'm not messing around here. Naturally, when images of Sideshow's immaculate Doctor Doom Premium Format figure first filled my screen, it was as if the sky had parted to shine a ray of sunlight on me...and me alone. Never mind the $389.99 price tag! Sideshow's Pre-Order just went live, and believe you me, it will be mine. Oh, yes. It will be mine.

Alright, that's enough for this week! For further goings-on, you can follow me on Twitter (@castlegeekskull) and throw a "like" towards the CGS Facebook profile!

No comments:

Post a Comment