Monday

Super Smash Bros. For 3DS Has A Great Assortment Of Stages

Little Mac and Marth duking it out at Prism Tower.

Despite not being able to get my hands on it just yet, I've been looking forward to Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS far too much to ignore the onslaught of gameplay footage that's been coming in. I've even been lurking about in various Twitch streams to take in as much of an early look as I can. I'm loving what I've seen thus far, and I feel like I already have a nice sense of the game from a presentational standpoint.

With fighters, I think it's easier to take in all of the little details as a third party observer. I've actually found myself focusing on the scenery almost as much as the crazy slugfests taking place in the foreground. If you're interested, here's a collection of gameplay shots that show off a nice chunk of the game's stages:

Battlefield

Distant Planet

Gaur Plains

Gerudo Valley

Green Hill Zone

Jungle Japes

Dream Land

Magicant

Mushroomy Kingdom

Pac-Maze

Paper Mario

Rainbow Road

Reset Bomb Forest

Spirit Train

3D Land

Tortimer Island

Unova Pokémon League

Warioware, Inc.

Yoshi's Island

Wily Castle

All screenshots courtesy of the Yo! Videogames crew.

Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS has a nice mix of new and returning stages, and they're all iconic in their own right. They make for some great eye candy, and there's an impressive variety of franchises (and gaming eras) represented. Best of all? Each background is wonderfully lively without being too distracting if you just want to focus on the action. Perhaps I'm getting too caught up in the hype, but I'm very impressed thus far.

You can check out the full list of stages (there are over 30 total!) on Smashpedia.

I'd better just admit it; I often struggle with my feelings about cantaloupe. Please feel free to keep up with my nonsense through Twitter & Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment