Sunday

Batman: Arkham Asylum Is A Perfect Game For Halloween

Welcome to the Madhouse!

I'm sure you've heard more than enough praise for Batman: Arkham Asylum by now, but I can't help commenting on the exceptional timing of its inclusion as a free Playstation Plus title for October, 2014. Many of us are already getting into the Halloween mood, and the Batman franchise fits the holiday perfectly. Its titular character is a dude that parades around the shadows dressed as a bat, for crying out loud!

There's so much more to it than that however, and Arkham Asylum hits all the right marks. I wouldn't say it's a scary game, but an appropriately dark atmosphere sits right beneath the surface. The music is sparse, allowing every creak and echoing intercom announcement to take center stage as you navigate the island's deserted, worn down corridors. The overall mood even flirts with legit creepiness at times, particularly in the Medical Facility and any time Scarecrow appears.

*Gulp*

If you've never gotten around to seeing what the fuss is about (or simply need an excuse to run through it just one more time), the Halloween season is the perfect time to play Arkham Asylum. It has all the makings of the ultimate haunted attraction, and in this one you can even punch the baddies in the face! I already revisited Arkham City this year, and there's no way I'm going to let October pass by without giving Asylum another spin as well. Join me, won't you?

I am Day Man, fighter of the Night Man. Feel free to follow up with me via Twitter & Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment