Sunday

Snowflake Cheez-Its: Christmas Infiltrates Halloween Yet Again

I'm not mad. I'm just disappointed.

Everyone's heard the horror stories of Christmas music blaring in Walgreens and CVS stores as early as August. I've always assumed these accounts might be exaggerated, but signs of the holly and jolly do tend to turn up a bit earlier than I'd like. This year, the first blow was dealt by none other than Cheez-It crackers. Out of nowhere, I noticed the normal stock had been replaced by packages drowning in snowflakes.

Come on, man. It's not even past Halloween yet!

I know this packaging is fairly tame compared to the red and green, Santa-ridden chaos that could have been, but we all know what they're hoping to allude to with a sudden shift to fancy snowflake graphics. We know. I can respect the decision from a business standpoint, but it's really not something I wanted to see just yet.

I'll admit that I'm being a bit defensive given that Halloween is my favorite holiday. Hypocritically, I'm actually quite gleeful if products with witches, bats, or mummies turn up a month or two early. Boring old, soul sucking "Back to School!" displays are all that Halloween gets in the way of however. When Christmas starts rearing its head mid-October, it's a far greater offense. You're never going to convince me otherwise.

This all stings even more considering my staunch support of Cheez-Its in the ongoing cheese cracker wars. Cheese Nips ain't shit, okay? The former can be fairly inconsistent, but when they're good, they're godlike. I've rallied behind this notion for years...only to be betrayed.

I believed in you, Cheez-Its. I believed. I just...I...sigh. I can't even look at you right now. I hope you and your snowflakes are happy together. Now, I bid you adieu.

I hope you realize I'm *mostly* kidding around. If you'd like, you can keep up with more of my nonsense through Twitter & Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment