Saturday

I Love The Duck Hunt Dog More Than Ever Thanks to Smash Bros. 4

hhhehehe

The Duck Hunt dog is often considered one of the most annoying video game characters ever. After every failed shot, the little devil famously pops up on screen to laugh at your ineptitude. This two frame animation has haunted millions:

Your suffering is delicious.

I missed plenty of shots in Duck Hunt as a kid, but I was somehow left with a far different impression than most. I've sometimes felt alone in absolutely adoring its derisive canine star. I've drawn him in the margins of notepads for years, and he's even been used as my profile picture for several social media sites. After seeing tons of him in Super Smash Bros. 4 over the last few months, I love the little guy even more.

This is my spirit animal.

In tow with an unexpected duck companion, Wild Gunman's cowboys, and an offscreen Zapper, the dog is at the center of Smash 4's incredibly fun "Duck Hunt" character. The moveset is a blast and the animations have really brought him to life. Seeing him run around kicking and throwing explosive barrels is just too good. Now that he can whoop ass just as well as he ridicules, the Duck Hunt dog has a secure spot as one of my absolute favorite video game characters.

With his sleepy eyes and Muttley-esque snicker, I swear he gets cuter every time I see him. I'm going to need an amiibo of him immediately.

Future Castle Geek-Skull nonsense can be found on Twitter & Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment