Saturday

The Gridman Anime Short From Studio Trigger Is "Giant Hero" Bliss

Gridman, the Anti-Virus superhero.

In 1993, the wonderfully cheesy tokusatsu program Denkou Choujin Gridman erupted onto the scene. Each episode of its Brave-meets-Ultraman goodness found the titular hero battling various Kaiju alongside the kick-ass GodZenon and DinaDragon in a digital world. DIC Entertainment soon adapted the series into the short-lived Power Rangers competitor Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad. While I was never a huge fan of the show itself, I've always loved the obligatory toyline and its corresponding mecha designs.

For the recent Japan Animator Expo, Studio Trigger (best known for Kill la Kill) has produced a Gridman anime short that pays glorious tribute to the "Giant Hero" classic. The kinetic animation style is right up my alley, and I can never get enough mecha versus Kaiju battle scenes. You can check it out on Youtube below:

If you don't have time to watch just yet, BOOM, enjoy some screenshots!

I'd follow an entire series of this in a heartbeat. I never would've expected to be watching some form of new Gridman media in 2015, and being able to do so has left me with the biggest grin I've had in a while. This is freaking beautiful.

If you'd like, you can keep up with Castle Geek-Skull on Twitter & Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment