Sunday

Mortal Kombat X's Gameplay Continues To Impress

Princess Kitana from MK X's latest gameplay trailer

Even from the earliest glimpses at E3 2014, I thought Mortal Kombat X looked like a promising progression for the franchise. My last real MK experiences were with the clunkier PlayStation 2 era games like Deadly Alliance, none of which really did it for me. I find the faster paced 2.5D approach of the upcoming installment much more appealing. MK X has only looked better with each new reveal.

Perhaps I'm being too easily swayed by the editing, but the latest trailer featuring Kung Lao and Princess Kitana has some of the best looking Mortal Kombat gameplay I've ever seen. If you look past the goofy story bits and ridiculously violent Fatality teases, the characters appear to have tons of maneuverability with a decent sense of momentum in tow. Feel free to check out the footage below if you're curious:

Somehow, Kung Lao throwing a barrage of Ip Man-style punches is just cool. Keep in mind that this isn't coming from a "MK guy." I've barely given the series a fair shot since Ultimate MK3. I've largely felt as if it just wasn't my vibe, but Mortal Kombat X looks like a game I might actually give a shot. I never expected it, but I'm definitely impressed thus far.

Future Castle Geek-Skull posts can be kept up with via Twitter & Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment