Thursday

I Kicked Off 2015 With A Mega Man X Marathon

Yatta!

While most people were out having fun or enjoying the company of their loved ones, I spent New Year's Eve at home trying to sort some personal affairs. Ever the party animal, I figured I may as well go to bed shortly after midnight struck. It'd be great to start off a new year with some sort of respectable schedule, right?

I followed this idea by brilliantly firing up Youtube, telling myself I'd watch a "handful" of videos while trying to relax enough to fall asleep. The recommended video section had an alluring Mega Man X playthrough that seemed like the perfect choice. I've played and watched enough of the game and its sequels to feel a strong sense of familiarity and comfort. I was sure I'd be yawning as soon as the Chill Penguin fight, but I ended up completely invested. I watched the whole thing.

↓↘→+P

I think Youtube's slogan should be "betcha can't watch just one!" As the X playthrough wrapped, I noticed plenty of others being recommended. Speedrun this, Game Grumps that. I clicked and I clicked some more. Soon enough, I looked over and noticed daylight coming in from my window. Oops.

After being disappointed with 2014, I can't say this random sleep and productivity destroying Mega Man X marathon was the way I hoped to start the year. On the other hand, maybe it was perfect. It's not my favorite game, but it's pretty far up the list. I may not have kicked off 2015 in the most responsible manner possible, but at least I spent some time with something I legitimately enjoy.

For future updates, please keep an eye on Castle Geek-Skull via Twitter & Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment