Saturday

Transformers: Robots in Disguise Has A Much Better Name In Japan

Autobots, transform and ADVENTURE!

Yesterday, Takara Tomy updated their website with some new information on the 2015 Robots in Disguise series. The overseas name of the upcoming Prime sequel is Transformers: Adventure. I can't help wishing that was universal. I usually try not to immediately jump on board the "Japan does it better" train, but here I am doing exactly that. Sigh.

Adventure isn't the most original or exciting name ever, but at least its new for the franchise. Robots in Disguise will mark the second time a Transformers cartoon has had that title. The corresponding toyline will be the third. I understanding the importance of that phrase from a marketing standpoint, but I don't know if throwing it around so often is really that necessary.

I'm all for re-using characters and story elements, but having to affix this or that acronym or year designation to clarify which specific version of a title you're talking about feels like an easily avoidable annoyance. I know this comes across as the mother of all First World Problems, but look, I just wish all of the different iterations of Transformers had their own titles.

Why are you looking at me like that? :(

Please understand, I'm far from being in a rage over Hasbro naming so many different Transformers series Robots in Disguise. I just think it'd be a whole lot better if that wasn't the case.

Let's hope most future Castle Geek-Skull posts are far better than this one. You can keep an eye out for more on Twitter & Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment