Thursday

FanArt Frenzy Mar 20, 2014: Featuring NHOJ. Batman, Iron Man, Mega Man, & More!

Welcome to Fan Art Frenzy, a weekly compilation of some of our favorite fan art and artists! To kick off our maiden voyage, I'd like to point you to the works of John Cullen from "NHOJ: Adventures in Drawing":

This is the first piece that drew my attention to NHOJ. This is a series of Batman drawings done completely with his eyes closed. I believe several artists have tackled this idea, but this is easily the most fun attempt I've seen.

This excellent portrait of Egon is based on the Fright Features action figure from Kenner's old Ghostbusters toyline. I had the same one as a child, so this seriously made me smile.

Next up is this absolutely beautiful Iron Man design. The armor has a great sense of weight to it. I'd love seeing an animated series or even comic book aimed towards younger audiences with this sort of aesthetic.

NHOJ continued the Batman love with this fabulous sketch of the Joker.

Let's round out our featured section with NHOJ's take on Mega Man. Looks like someone has been eating his Wheaties! This reminds me of what the crazy original NES package art might have looked like if the artist actually cared about making the character look cool.

For tons more awesome fan art, animations, and daily comics, be sure to check out NHOJ on Tumblr, Twitter, and Facebook!

Now, let's give a little love to some of the other wonderful artists out there in Internets-Land:

This Transformers Springer sketch is from CT-Alpha editor Andy Turnbull. It really captures the spirit of the character. For more, check him out on Tumblr and Twitter!

Ok, I really love Batman, and this fun piece from Megan Baute was one of the best parts of my entire St. Patrick's Day this year. You can see more of her work on Facebook and the Twitters!

Finally, let's wrap up with this awesome sketch of a female Doctor Doom from badass-artist Peter Simeti of the Painted Heroes Etsy Shop. I really love seeing "alternate universe" takes on characters like this, and Doom is always one of the quickest ways to my heart!

That does it for this week's Fan Art Frenzy! If you would like your own pieces featured here next week, drop me a line about in the comment section below! Until next time, you can find updates on all of Castle Geek-Skull's madness via Twitter and Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment