Wednesday

Video Game Star Hand Drawings!

video game fanart

As previously documented, one of my go-to pass-times is to draw all over my hand. Why waste paper, right? I've already shown off a compilation of Transformers hand drawings, and the madness is far from over. This time around, I have defiled my gorgeous palm with assorted video game stars. They're not all lead characters, but they're plenty famous. Onwards, my beloved webzone visitors:

mario boo art

The Boos are easily my favorite enemy group from the Mario franchise. I love the spookier levels in which they tend to appear, probably a residual of my affinity for Halloween. The basic Boo design itself is great, perfectly balancing scary and cute, and it's super fun to draw. You should try it sometime~

dr wily mega man art

Dr. Wily from the original Mega Man series might be the quintessential mad scientist. He has machinations for days, and the sweetest of sweet 'staches. Marvel at his greatness.

bioshock big daddy art

The BioShock series has given us some seriously iconic moments and imagery. I've gotten so behind with video games that I've only played the first title (something I'm fixing soon, I swear!) but the presence of the Big Daddies there was more than enough to leave quite an impression. This was a really quick sketch, but I think the end result manages to match the mood of the game.

samus metroid armor art

I'm pretty sure I totally bastardized Samus' armor design here, but hey, they can't all be winners. I'm sadly behind on Metroid games as well. I haven't played anything newer than Metroid Prime. Oops.

sub-zero mortal kombat art

Despite this being done in red marker, I'm going to go ahead and say that this is Sub-Zero instead of any of the other ten-hundred Mortal Kombat ninjas. I know, I know. It's pretty awesome how much of a rebel I am.

vega street fighter art

Wait, Mortal Kombat? I'm more of a Street Fighter-kinda guy, so I did this Vega sketch to help balance things out. Vega isn't my favorite character to use, but his design makes for some good scribblin'. I totally yodeled once I was finished.

And with that, I have a strong contender for "Castle Geek-Skull's out of context quote of the year."

clank ratchet & clank art

Ok, enough with the fighting game characters. Have some Clank. That's right, from Ratchet & Clank. Some look at the "cute" designs of those guys and assume the games are only for younger audiences. The appeal is actually much broader, so you might want to consider giving them a shot sometime if that's been the case for you.

bomberman art

Despite tons of releases over the years and plenty of overall success, it feels like Bomberman is a series that people often shuffle aside or forget altogether. Perhaps the cancellation of Bomberman 3DS is making me view things in an overly somber manner. Either way, I'm always down to give the series some support. If that means scribbling the titular character all over my hand, so freakin' be it!

shadow final fantasy 6 art

I believe in a BIG FINISH, so here's Shadow from Final Fantasy VI. It's kinda sorta my favorite game ever, and all-things Shadow (from the killer Ennio Morricone-inspired theme song to his mysterious dream-revealed backstory) played a significant part in that. I was definitely a "Gotta wait for Shadow..." player. That's just one of the many amazing memories I have from FF6.

~I feel all warm and fuzzy now~

Phew. That does it for this "Hand Drawings" installment. If you want to be the first to know when the next one strikes, you can follow me on Twitter @castlegeekskull or give a "like" to my Facebook Page! Self-promotin' like a boss!

5 comments:

  1. Video game systems are the hardware devices that are being used to play the games. Video games systems are also known as video game consoles. Consoles, basically, are compatible with any other game that manufacturers come up to widen their market.
    minecraft build team

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though Intelliflix does not plan to take over the game rental industry, they do plan to offer families the ability to rent for all their household member entertainment needs within one established group.unturneditemid.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are contemplations to take in picking the best computer game reassure for you. A diversion reassure can never be viewed as the best by whatever other individual with the exception of independent from anyone else. hack4clashroyale.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. In it, players take control of various American and British fighters who work their way through different crusades amid the Second World War.Insane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Send remote control toys to your fighting loved ones. Our military personnel have high stress jobs, help them wind down with radio control models that give them off-duty relaxation. Create a coordinated RC gift by planning a multiple mailing with the families of your warrior's military companions. Idle Heroes Events

    ReplyDelete