Saturday

15 Random Pictures From My First Free Comic Book Day

Star Wars Tusken Raider Cosplay
I see Sand People.

As previously mentioned, I somehow managed to miss every Free Comic Book Day up until now. I am happy to report that the curse has been lifted! With the promise of Tusken Raider cosplay fresh in mind, I made the effort to venture to my nearest comic shop today and I had a grand time overall. Here are 15 random pictures that loosely illustrate my adventure:

Ghostbusters homemade ecto 1

Insert whatever reference you want (here,) I just think it's great seeing some Ghostbusters love out in the wild.

Superhero bouncy castle

I won't lie: I totally wish I could have jumped around in this thing.

Raccoon City Police Car

Luckily, Raccoon City's finest were on the scene to keep the more rabid of us in line.

Free Comic Book Day Spider-Man Cosplay

Unfortunately, Spider-Man had other plans.

Free Comic Book Day Cosplay

This is where things really started getting weird. And by weird, I mean awesome.

Iron Man Batman Cosplay

Having the Iron Man and Batman cosplayers swap masks just seemed like the right thing to do. No regrets.

Rolling Stone Michael Jackson Paul McCartney Cover

Superheroes this, Gundam models that...and of course, the Michael Jackson/Paul McCartney issue of Rolling Stone.

Pikachu balloons

If I kept balloons on display (and why don't I?) I'd totally have a Pikachu decoration hold them in place.

Predator collectible statues

In comic shops, the ugly Mr. Falcons of the world are king.

Oh $500 Generation 1 Optimus Prime toy, you so crazy.

comic book store display

Oh, yeah. There were comic books in this comic book store. Wild, isn't it?

Marvel Excalibur volume 1

No goofy comment here, I just always want to take these "complete storyline" bundles home with me.

Bat Hero Batman knockoff toy

This bootleg Batman action figure was the best item in the whole store. It's perfect and I really should have grabbed it.

Free Comic Book Day 2014 New Issue Sale

Here's what I did get. I would have loved amassing a more impressive haul, but I like this stuff just fine. Deal with it!

Free Comic Book Day 2014 free Mega Man Transformers comics

Oh, and these are the free comics I walked away with. Two are from 2012, which is fine since I missed that year!

Well, that's pretty much my first Free Comic Book Day in a nutshell! I'm sure there's some sort of "first time" joke to be made here, but let's just move on. Even if I didn't come home with the most noteworthy of hauls, I had a great time. I even found myself in the midst of several awesomely geeky conversations with total strangers. Comic Books make the people come together!

Good times, man. Good times indeed. It's amazing how much more fulfilling your life can become once adopting a bit of "just do it" attitude, even in simple matters like actually taking part in a comic shop event.

This is the end of the road, Galvatron! If you want to keep up with me on them there social networks, just follow on Twitter @castlegeekskull & like on Facebook!

2 comments:

  1. You must go back and get that Bat-Hero if it's still there! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely considering it~

    ReplyDelete