Monday

My Vicarious E3 2014 Experience Began With...Amazon?

Of course Amazon would be the first place I go for E3 news. Why are you looking at me like that?

Despite how wonderful it would be for Castle Geek-Skull, I'm not attending E3 2014. Fortunately, the internet usually allows a fairly solid vicarious experience for those of us who are stuck at home during such events. When I first checked my e-mail on this fine day, a message from Amazon.com titled "Video Games E3 Coverage" was right on top of the list. I don't know what I expected, but I figured I'd click through and see if they actually had any interesting coverage on hand.

I was greeted by the E3 trailer and Pre-Order focused page you see wonderfully print screened above. Hey, the prospect of catching up on some trailers in one small window is actually somewhat convenient. As my first stop of the day, I hadn't actually seen anything yet. I'm not the series' most devout fan, but I'd certainly at least watch the Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer. If I do so on Amazon of all places, so be it! Still, I decided to see what was featured on the other "E3 portal" tabs first. This is what I got:

Oh.

Page after page, nothing beyond the Activision and Call of Duty focused landing page worked. Well then. I think it's time to move on.

By the way, this post is absolutely not meant to bash Amazon. I'm actually a frequent customer and my experience with them has been incredibly positive. I merely found it humorous that my first attempt to even get a glimpse of what's been going on fizzled out so quickly. Of course there are other places one should go first to get their major gaming event news, but I commend Amazon for at least giving it a shot.

That's it! Feel free to follow on Twitter @castlegeekskull and "like" on Facebook to see where my next bit of vicarious E3 adventuring takes me!

No comments:

Post a Comment