Friday

Luigi Death Stare FanArt Frenzy!

Be afraid.

On the last edition of "FanArt Frenzy," I celebrated the release of the X-Men: Days of Future Past movie with a nice assortment of mutant centric doodles and sketches. This week, the "Luigi Death Stare" from the ever-alluring Mario Kart 8 has been all the rage. It's been such a widespread meme that even major news media outlets were compelled to cover it, and sure enough, plenty of fans are putting pen to paper to immortalize Luigi's ice-cold gaze in illustrated form. Let's check out a few examples!

Oh geez. Brian Middleton Jr from Colesmith Comics got down to the very essence of the horrors that lie deep within Luigi's soul. Always having to play second fiddle does things to you, and you better believe it isn't pretty.

This fun warm up sketch is from Twitter's AgnesMikucka. Truly, a look is often all you need to convey exactly what you're feeling.

This should come as no surprise: the Luigi Death Stare has already been made into a "shirt of the day" print! This design from Tee vs Tee was featured today on ShirtPunch for a mere $7. I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't tempted.

This colorful take is from DeviantArt's Another Normal Guy 17. I dig the inclusion of the green shell, as if Luigi has secured 1st place and is just waiting around a corner to hit whomever dares to pass him.

Here's another to file under the "absolutely deranged" category. Thanks to Pudimnicolas for this one!

OMOCAT's animated take is almost too cute to be terrifying. Almost.

OK, I couldn't resist getting in on the action myself. I figured I may as well use the opportunity to throw another hand drawing out into the wild. So...I did. Deal with it.

Time to end with a bang! This final piece is from the immensely talented SHARK-E. The "Ridin' Dirty" brass knuckles really put it over the top. I'd buy a poster of this in a heartbeat.

As previously stated, I'm really loving the warm response for Mario Kart 8 thus far. The fact that a major Luigi meme is at the center of it all is even better. The "Year of Luigi" is far from over indeed!

That's it! If you enjoyed, you can be sure to catch the next installment as soon as it's up by following on Twitter @castlegeekskull or liking on Facebook! If you find any more awesome pieces of Luigi Death Stare art, feel free to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment