Tuesday

The Powerpuff Girls' Return Has Me All Kinds of Giddy

powerpuff girls 2016
Yay~

I've always had a serious love for The Powerpuff Girls. With its name and cutesy protagonists, the show's tone might've easily been misconstrued, but anyone that gave it a shot was met with great comedy, memorable characters, quality voice acting, and fantastic action that used the simplistic animation style to its fullest potential. It was the sort of show with broad appeal, where a whole family or group of friends with varying tastes could watch and get something out of it. I had a blast with every episode I took in, and I've always looked back on the series fondly.

Naturally, when I saw the recent announcement of a new Powerpuff Girls cartoon for 2016, I got pretty excited. The original run ended almost 10 years ago. While the occasional Powerpuff material (i.e. t-shirt homages, local cars with PPG artwork slapped all over them, and even footage of Christian Bale singing the freaking theme song) life has thrown my way since then has always been wonderful, it was never truly enough. The launch of the current IDW Powerpuff Girls comic series almost hit the spot, but hey, I'm a man that dreams big. If anything was to truly satisfy me, an all new television series would be it. I am immensely pleased to be getting exactly that!

News like this makes me feel so fabulous.

Of course, the two year wait will be tough, but at least it'll give fans plenty of time to revisit the original series, catch up on the comics, and maybe amass a plush toy or two. Also, you may want to check out the recent "Dance Pantsed" special if you missed it. The new computer generated animation style seen there is rumored to be continuing on in the new series ahead of us. Further details are pretty slim, but I'm sure there will be many more announcements to come.

As soon as there's an air date for the new Powerpuff Girls cartoon, you can be sure I'm marking my calendar. Townsville, here I come~

For future post updates, please follow on Twitter @castlegeekskull and "like" on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment