Wednesday

Weekly Want: Transformers Edition!

Take it all.

Ahhhhh snip snap, it's "Weekly Want" time! In honor of Botcon and the upcoming release of Transformers: Age of Extinction, this edition is all about Transformer toys! There have been plenty of cool reveals and updated official promo shots this week. Let's check out some highlights!

MP-20 Masterpiece Wheeljack

MP-21 Masterpiece Bumblebee (with Spike)

MP-22 Masterpiece Ultra Magnus

Updated galleries of Masterpiece Wheeljack, Bumblebee, and Ultra Magnus have been turning up all over! Magnus was recently shown in color for the first time and everything is spot on. I'm glad to see that the blue matches the original character model rather than the G1 toy. Wheeljack and Bumblebee are still looking quite promising. It looks like they're going to display wonderfully with the existing MP crew. Needless to say, I really hope to have all three of these guys someday.

Kids Logic Megatron

New images of the Kids Logic Mecha Nations Megatron also surfaced this week. While I generally prefer matte finishes on my Transformer toys, the face sculpt pictured above totally sold me on this guy. I'm not sure I've ever seen a "SD" style toy with such an angry expression. I love it.

San Diego Comic-Con 2014 Exclusive Kreon Class of 1984 set

The Transformers Kreon minifigure line has been home to some of my favorite toys over the last year or so. While filled with many characters most collectors already own by now, the SDCC 2014 exclusive Kreon Class of 1984 box set is going to make for a great collection centerpiece. It's also a fantastic way for those who have missed out on the TF Kreon phenomenon to get caught up!

As expected, Botcon 2014 left us with a nice handful of upcoming product shots. The Transformers Generations toys below are my personal favorites.

Transformers Generations Bombshell (Legends Class)

Man, look at this mean little dude! First of all, I love that Hasbro managed to get the "Bombshell" name back, and the toy itself looks promising. The weevil alt mode is oddly adorable.

Transformers Generations Arcee (Deluxe class)

Generations Arcee finally gives us a reasonable approximation of her original design. Yeah, all of the stuff hanging off of her back is a bit unappealing, but she strikes me as the sort of toy that will probably look ten times better in person. Best of all? The crazy car mode was captured beautifully.

Transformers Generations Brainstorm

Next up, I can't tell you how pleased I am that Generations Brainstorm is coming our way! The robot mode has some incredibly sharp sculpt work. Even though I didn't include it here, the vehicle mode is also quite lovely. It appears he even has the Headmaster gimmick! This guy is going to be difficult to resist.

Transformers Generations Chromia

Brainstorm is definitely "cream of the crop" material, but somehow, a retool managed to steal my affections. Generations Chromia, a heavy retool of Prime RID Arcee, is looking crazy cool. The colors, weaponry, and stylish sculpt hit all the right marks. Despite my intense interest in them, I've managed to hold off on purchasing Transformer toys for a good while now. Once I spot Chromia, the streak is likely coming to a close.

Well, that about does it. I'm sure I left out plenty of cool stuff, so feel free to share your personal Botcon 2014 highlights in the comments below! Until next week, you can keep an eye on whatever other nonsense I blabber about via Twitter & Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment