Friday

I Want Rocket Raccoon and Groot Children's Books. Come At Me.

^_^

Legendary poster warlords Mondo released a handful of Guardians of the Galaxy prints for San Diego Comic Con 2014, and my favorite of the bunch is undoubtedly Mike Mitchell's "Tree Hugger" featuring Rocket Raccoon and Groot. While I'm sure there are comic fans that would cringe at the idea, this incredibly cute aesthetic makes me clamor for a series of slightly tongue-in-cheek children's books featuring all sorts of adventure and awesome bro moments.

Jeffrey Brown's Star Wars books (such as Darth Vader and Son) prove that you can take iconic characters initially meant for slightly older audiences and portray them in a friendlier context that can be enjoyed on different levels by both children and adults. I'd love to see Marvel join in on something similar. They have more than enough strong characters to work with, and I say Rocket Raccoon and Groot would be the perfect pair to help kick things off. Who's with me?!

Don't tell me I'm all alone here. Feel free to jump on my Twitter & Facebook profiles to discuss your feelings on the matter!

No comments:

Post a Comment