Wednesday

Weekly Want July 2-9 feat. SH Figuarts Injustice Batman & More

Take. My. Cash.

Bills? Bah! Why pay bills when there are so many awesome action figures and collectibles to buy? Here's the latest Weekly Want:

Funko will be offering a flocked version of their Pop! Vinyl Guardians of the Galaxy Rocket Raccoon figure as an SDCC 2014 exclusive. This puts the already excellent looking figure over the top. (Side note: flocked toys always make me think of Moss Man.)

Gentle Giant is adding to their excellent assortment of Star Wars busts with this Ralph McQuarrie Luke Skywalker concept mini-bust. This is based on the famous Luke vs Vader concept art. I've always found these early designs fascinating, and I'm glad to see another awesome related product so soon after the Black Series Concept Boba Fett from last week.

While I'm sure the excellent upcoming Transformers Masterpiece Ultra Magnus will receive the same treatment at some point, seeing the unofficial third party "Citizen Stack" done up like the original Diaclone Powered Convoy made me a bit giddy. I'm an absolute sucker for this color scheme.

Super 7 has been revealing all sorts of amazing SDCC 2014 exclusives as of late. There's no way I was going to leave this one off of the list. I've already offered shining praise for the standard Pulp Fiction ReAction Gimp figure, and this exclusive boxed edition might be even better! It'd be nice to have a little more screen accuracy, but I applaud the idea.

Kotobukiya teased their upcoming Fine Art Wolverine statue on Facebook this week. The brown/tan Wolvie costume has always been one of my favorites, so any product that honors it will always grab my attention. Based on the leaked Wondercon slide photo from Nerd Reactor, this is looking every bit as fantastic as the company's previous Fine Art statues.

Play-Asia recently got SH Figuarts Sailor Venus in stock. Stop pretending like you don't want it.

I've never been fond of the character models in Injustice: Gods Among Us, but the designs make for solid toys. Bluefin Tamashii Nations USA recently announced that the SH Figuarts Injustice Batman and Joker figures are getting US releases this December. Even at a hefty $58 each, I just might go for it!

OK, that's enough for now! Until next time, you can catch me on Twitter & Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment