Thursday

Weekly Want - Sideshow Deadpool, MP Star Saber, & More!

Hey you crazy kids! It's Weekly Want time once again, so let's take a look at some of the new toy and collectible promos or newly in-stock items that graced the interwebs from the end of September through early October! Where does the time go?

The guys over at Sideshow Collectibles really know how to tease. It's not coming out until a year from now, but the Pre-Orders for their Sixth Scale Deadpool figure are now live. The hefty $230 price tag looks to be worth it given the high quality costume and elaborate variety of accessories and interchangeable parts. There are tons more pictures over on Sideshow's site, so check 'em out!

Several new DC Super Heroes LEGO sets received official images this week. My favorite is set 76028: Darkseid Invasion. The deluxe Darkseid minifigure is way too cool to pass up!

New Marvel Minimates were also revealed in the form of some wonderful All New X-Men sets. This is the 59th series overall! The assortment is made up of four two-packs, one of which is a shortpacked variant with Bobby Drake and a half frozen Sentinel.

It might not be quite as awesome as NES Batman, but I'm still pleased to see NECA's series of crazy Nintendo sprite variant figures continue on with Rambo. The $18 figure is set for release in March of 2015. Even with the crazy shadowing, I think I might prefer it to the more realistic version!

April 2015 will see the release of a new SH MonsterArts Gamera. It may be $80, but the excellent sculpt based on the character's Gamera 2: Attack of Legion appearance and various display options look to make it a worthy purchase.

Somehow, Funko is still finding ways to keep me interested in their Pop! Vinyl line. This newly released TMNT Turtle Van is pretty flipping cute, and the included Michelangelo makes it a great way to start up a collection of all four turtles. Even at $25, I can imagine this is going to be pretty popular.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Toynami's 30th Anniversary Voltron figure is a bit overpriced. This thing is going to be $250! Do what now?! They must be using some kind of crazy NASA-grade plastic to have come up with that price tag. Still, the simple aesthetic is appealing, and I must admit it'd be nice to have a new 2-foot Lion Voltron to add to my collection.

Hasbro's sleek new Transformers Generations Jetfire is now shipping from Amazon. I expect it'll become more common at retail before long, but this is a great option for those that don't want to keep waiting. It's not a perfect toy, but all of the in-hand pictures I've seen have definitely sold me.

New images of the Million Publishing exclusive Transformers GoShooter and Shouki figures were just posted today. I really adore these color schemes. If you're unfamiliar with the characters, they're from the Japanese G1 series Masterforce and Headmasters. These guys will be available as mailaway offers from the Transformers Generations 2014 books.

Finally, tons of pictures of Transformers Masterpiece Star Saber have surfaced over the last few weeks. I fall for it a little more each time I see it. The toy won't be released until next March, but at least that gives us plenty of time to save up!

That does it for now! If you see anything cool that should be featured here next week, feel free to let me know about it in the comment section below. See you next time!

I'm Chris Keating, and I'm considering becoming an Elvis impersonator. For more, you can keep up with me via Twitter & Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment