Friday

Let's Kickstart The TruForce Mega Man X Action Figure!

One hundred percent of my want.

If you know me, you should be well aware that Mega Man X is a longtime favorite of mine. I spent the first few hours of 2015 in a strange trance where I couldn't stop watching videos of it, and a couple of weeks later I actually interrupted important work I was doing just to check out a four-man race to finish it first. Somehow, my appetite for this game never seems to be fully satisfied.

There's not just one thing I enjoy about it. The gameplay itself is classic, the soundtrack is absurdly memorable, and the visual aesthetic falls on a unique balance between slick anime sensibilities and the round, oddly friendly look of earlier Mega Man titles. I'm also a big enough fan to extend beyond merely appreciating the game itself. If I come across some form of Mega Man X collectible, it might be difficult for me to resist.

As you already know given the post title and opening image, TruForce Collectibles is currently running a Kickstarter campaign to fund a particularly awesome 6-inch X action figure that I really, really hope to own someday. Here's a more complete look:

Yeah.

TruForce Mega Man X will be an officially licensed product with thirty points of articulation, die-cast armor, LED lighting, various swappable parts, and a display stand. As you can see, the design is also a unique take. No other X figure will be quite like this one, and it looks like the company is really swinging for the fences.

The corresponding Kickstarter is running until March 2nd and is currently close to halfway funded. Actually securing a figure of your own requires a pricy $80 pledge, but it looks as if the final product has serious potential. If you have any interest, I definitely suggest heading over to TruForce's campaign for full details and plenty more images.

I know I'll be able to live without this thing, but actually having one would be way more fun.

Keep up with future Castle Geek-Skull nonsense on Twitter & Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment