Sunday

The Targeted Ad Experience Of Castle Geek-Skull

Action figures, video games, and...cat food?

During my routine bouts of frenzied internet browsing, I've noticed more and more targeted ads creeping their way into the margins of each page. I shouldn't be surprised, as pretty much everyone is bound to get bombarded with advertisements related to their recent search history these days. Still, it seems more prevalent than ever, and I've become increasingly amused at the niche various networks have filed me under.

So, in a classic display of over-sharing (and posting shit no one cares about), here are a handful of the targeted ads recently thrown my way!

I suppose this one was inevitable given the current amiibo craze.

Yep, I'm all about Arkham Knight. I even chose one of its trailers as a gaming highlight for all of 2014!

I don't spend much time on HLJ — and I'm only kind of into model kits — but Star Wars and Gundam are totally in my wheelhouse.

I never sought out this Marvel Universe West Coast Avengers set directly, but I definitely want it.

Honestly? It's going to take a lot more than a $10 reward certificate for me to buy games from Best Buy.

This Nerdist-hosted Toys "R" Us ad knows me a little too well. I may be in my late 20s, but there's tons of toys meant for freakin' 3-year-olds that I'd totally be down to buy.

Destiny for PlayStation 4? Sure, I'd love to give it a shot.

Okay, you caught me. Sometimes I use Dictionary.com.

Rad or not, Third-party Transformer toys can be pricy! Come on, Imgur, I have bills to pay.

That's the second Darth Vader action figure advertised to me recently. My Sith-related browsing activities must be more frequent than I realized!

Alright, that's enough! This can't possibly be interesting enough to continue any further. As you can see, all of the networks throwing ads my way seem to "know me" pretty well. I'd like to think I'm a little more complicated, but there's no denying that action figures and video games have made up a huge part of my life.

That cat food ad, however, shall always remain a mystery.

Future Castle Geek-Skull updates can be shot directly into your eyes on Twitter & Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment