Sunday

There are Just Too Many Games, Comics, and Movies!

First World Problems, am I right?!

First World Problem Meme

I like a little bit of everything and I have enough hobbies to fill several lifetimes. I know all too well that this is nothing unique. I have many friends that love taking in various forms of media just as much as I do. However, a lot of them seem able to manage all of those interests much more effectively. When I see them able to discuss what feels like everything under the sun in a passionate and well-informed manner, I often wonder how in the world they pull it off!

As my backlog of comic books, cartoons, movies, video games, live action television series, anime, and even freakin' music grows, thoughts regarding how much of an absolute bastard time can be continually fill my head. Having a myriad of other highly time-draining interests (guitar, illustration, video editing, bedazzling, you name it!) certainly doesn't help the matter. There just isn't enough time to go around.

Perhaps such a defeatist point of view only helps guarantee I will always feel that way. Before I venture too far into psycho-bable here, the point is: I just want to keep up with everything, man. I want to watch and read my stories, play my games, and maybe even have something interesting to say about them in discussion with my friends. It would be great to stop putting pins in things and finally start engaging in my interests full-on.

Shaun of the Dead Sort Your Life Out
Sort your funking life out, mate!

If I could do all of that while pulling off all of my major goals for my personal life as well? Yes, please. Where do I sign?

So, how in the world am I to achieve this? A short time ago, I would have thrown my arms up in the air, but I believe I'm starting to get a rough idea. I figure as with anything, the solution is most likely "just do it." After all, a lot of the same shoulder-shrugging uncertainty held me back from projects like this very website for a long, long time. It seems I've been able to turn that around, so why not my ability to keep up with more of my interests as well?

I've wanted to get more original content posted on this site for ages now but I never knew how to approach it. Recently, I finally just started rolling with it and ideas and approaches are starting to appear as if from nowhere. I've managed to get actual original content posted on it nearly every day this month. I'm not the bragging sort, but I'm proud of the progress thus far. It's still very much an "under construction" affair but at least the wheels are in motion!

I have some things brewing in the background for other projects as well, and this has all been done despite having the same amount of time as ever. I've always admitted my time management isn't the best, but looking back, I think it might have been the worst. I was able to get the most essential things done, but I've largely been at a standstill outside of that. In my most boomy of boomy voices, I declare: NO MORE! It's time to...

Do All the Things Meme
Based on the famous Hyperbole and a Half comic

It's quite relieving to finally cross some of my motivational hurdles, and perhaps feeling overwhelmed by how much I have "left to do" regarding my various interests can be put behind me as well. The fight against time will likely always be a struggle, but I'm seeing now I might be able to come out the other side of it on my feet.

If you'd like to keep up with Castle Geek-Skull's ramblings moving forward, you can do so through Twitter and Facebook!

1 comment: