Friday

Transformers FanArt Frenzy!

On the last edition of Fanart Frenzy, I compiled various early examples of Luigi Death Stare fan art. What can I say? The reaction to Mario Kart 8 has been a joy to behold. However, it's time to move on! As I stare the release of Transformers: Age of Extinction in the face, it occurred to me that this would be the perfect time to throw together a Transformers FanArt Frenzy! Here we go:

In the spirit of "hey, why not", Zikya from Deviant Art has blessed us with a vision of Armada Starscream playing guitar. Oddly enough, I think I'm OK with this.

Artist extraordinaire Kevin Raganit is responsible for this adorable chibi style Age of Extinction Grimlock. I've been iffy about the design from the movie, but it looks nice all cutesied up!

I adore the colors on this Rattrap piece from Deviant Art's Awkward-dark-nerd. This is a really fun drawing that's pretty much perfect for the character!

Sideways77 of the TFW2005 Transformers Fan Art forum produced this Chromia portrait. After falling in love with the upcoming Generations Chromia toy, there's no way I could leave it out!

Kaiserlisk (also from TFW2005's forum) has created the ultimate Age of Extinction Lockdown fan art! Yes, this is indeed a play on the amazing "Handsome Squidward" bit from Spongebob Squarepants. AOE Lockdown's face is almost uncomfortably humanoid, and this is likely the most fun anyone will ever have with it.

This may be the best thing I've ever seen. Ratchet was hands down my favorite character from Transformers: Animated. He was delightfully grumpy, and seeing him in a Santa outfit is beyond perfect. I want a toy of this right now! Thanks to Deviant Art's I-Am-Defying-Gravity for this beauty.

I might prefer Optimus Prime's toy, but G1 Sideswipe is still quite the handsome robot. This is by Golby mk-II, whose Twitter is full of great drawings much like this one. Check 'em out sometime!

Oh, how lovely. This interesting rendition of Optimus Prime is by yours truly, circa 1990 or so. Optimus, Batman, and Spider-Man were pretty much my biggest heroes growing up.

Moonracer isn't the most widely known 'Bot in town, but this original Cybertronian redesign from Daisorajin of the TFW2005 forum is quite wonderful. I especially appreciate the clean line work! That takes some serious talent!

Boom! This final piece is from Deviant Art's NotoriousAkber. It should really require no explanation. This is a great nod to the famous Transformers: The Movie scene where Megatron is reformatted into the bad-ass Galvatron. Just looking at this makes me hear the spooky Unicron theme in my head.

Hooray, that's another FanArt Frenzy done! If you want to see more, you can catch whenever the next installment hits the webs by following on Twitter @castlegeekskull or liking on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment