Monday

Twitter Reminds Me Of Oldschool Myspace in the Best Way

star wars chewbacca
How could I possibly say no?

When Myspace was still huge back in 1812 (ooh, such original and scathing commentary!) my favorite aspect of it was not in listening to low quality music uploads or keeping up with anyone I actually knew. I had much more fun filling my friend list with endless parody accounts.

There were many wonderfully bored individuals spending their time creating entire Myspace profiles under the guise of characters like Batman, Leon Kennedy, and even freakin' David Lo Pan. It was actually pretty amusing. Even better? More and more began to send me friend requests over time. Aww, shucks. It was a blast while it lasted.

It's not something I ever thought I'd say, but Twitter is actually reminding of Myspace these days. Rest assured, if there's a character or personality you like, you'll often find someone essentially roleplaying as them for all to see. Let's check out a few of my recent finds!

dc deathstroke

Deathstroke follows me. I don't know if I should be flattered or terrified.

Zatanna too? My goodness. Kcab Wollof tnatsnI!

I see more tweets about Deadpool than any other character by a freaking mile.

I have to award this user immediate bonus points for including the hyphen in Spider-Man's name.

metroid samus face

"Samus here. RT if you're getting sick of all these freaking eye doors everywhere!" Ahem.

Ooh, Proto Man! This makes me wish you could set up sound notifications for certain users.

The glasses. Tweet at me about your glasses, Kamina!

trigun vash the stampede

I hope to someday set up a man date for donuts with Vash the Stampede. Hey, you gotta dream big.

adventure time finn

Is there any denying that Finn would have some of the most interesting tweets of all time?

Regular tweets of mischievous Hambo shots and downloads for Marceline's latest jams? Yes please.

godzilla kaiju

I hope to someday see Twitter Godzilla pick internet fights with Gigan and King Gidorah parody accounts.

g1 optimus prime

Optimus Prime is one of my biggest childhood heroes. I still love him, even if he does poorly crop avatars.

ghostbusters peter venkman

I'm sure Peter Venkman's Twitter would be one of the snarkiest ever seen, and it would be beautiful.

david lynch hand

Oh David Lynch's Hand, you might be my favorite of all.

Good times! If you have any awesome examples you'd like to send my way, feel to leave a comment about it below! Also, if you'd like to follow ME on Twitter, you can do so @castlegeekskull. Feel free to like on Facebook as well! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment