Sunday

"8-Bit Artist" Paints Final Fantasy VI Final Boss Fight

Dancing Mad

In today's "hey, that's just plain cool" news, retro gaming fan artist "8-Bit Artist" has fully recreated the final boss fight from Final Fantasy VI, including the Statue of the Gods and the final godlike form of Kefka himself. I've never been shy about declaring my love for that game, so seeing this pretty much made my day. The 3-panel piece stands 9 feet tall when combined, and looks to be a highly accurate recreation of the immensely detailed original sprites and backgrounds. Check it out:

The painting is set to be donated to the Child's Play Dinner Auction this December. I'm sure it'll inspire quite a generous bid! Props to 8-Bit Artist for the excellent work.

While it's drawn criticism for being too easy, I've always been captivated by Final Fantasy VI's final boss fight. The design work alone is highly impressive given all of its symbolism. It's also pretty hard not to love the Nobuo Uematsu track "Dancing Mad" that sets a perfectly epic and ominous tone as you make your way to Kefka. I marvel at everything surrounding this battle, and it pleases me to no end whenever I see others also giving it its due.

That's all for now. To make sure you catch future posts, follow on mah Twitters (@castlegeekskull) and Facebooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment