Tuesday

Visions of Batman Dancing in My Head

batman cartoon design
:O

Of the many "Bad Batman Drawings" I produced last year for the blog/website project of the same name, this was one of my favorites. While going through files on my computer today, I rediscovered its original inspiration:

batman shadow

The tree leaves outside my window cast shadows on the blinds each morning, and this random arrangement looked an awful lot like an exaggerated, cartoony screaming Batman to these demented old eyes of mine. You see, a vision of Batman might present itself to me at any given time, and it can happen absolutely anywhere. Shadows, wood grain, tortillas, you name it. I feel so connected.

Of course, our minds are programmed to identity human faces even in the most simplified and abstract form. As such, this sort of thing happens all the time. Still, I'm more than pleased with my incredibly geeky mind's tendency to immediately liken random shadows to my beloved Batman.

Take a look around sometime, lovely readers. You might just find the Dark Knight peekin' in on you as well.

PS: I wish I'd captured my random Batman vision a bit more accurately (as seen here), but hey, "Bad Batman Drawing" was never about creating masterpieces. The crappiness is promised right in the title!

OK, enough of this tomfoolery. Do you also spot characters like Batman in random places? Feel free to share your experiences in the comments below, on Twitter, or on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment